You will review articles or a brief case of company who has been successful or failing in Lean, Six Sigma, or Lean Six Sigma implementation. In your writing, you will provide at least one selected business and indicate these major items:
– Introduction of selected business and its products/services
– Describe LSS goals, values, and its impact to this selected business
– Explain the process and how this business implemented the Lean, Six Sigma, or Lean Six Sigma to its success or failure.
– Summarizing tools and applications used in the process
– Your thoughts (critique) on the article/case
– Reference, APA style 5th or the latest edition.
Your writing should be 1-2 pages (Time NW, 12, single space). The article review should include your name, title, keywords or new vocabulary, reference, article summary, and your opinions of the article. A sample article review is included in Course Documents area/Course Organization, under Student Templates.
Post your article reviews in the Discussion Board under the appropriate forum. Do not duplicate articles. If anyone has already posted the same article as you, you must select another new article. My suggestion is that you post your article after reviewing the others. Please don’t wait until the last minute of the due date to make your postings.
You are also required to reply (discuss, suggest, critique, etc.) to two of your classmates’ article reviews. Post your article Critique in the Discussion Forum under that articles thread (click “reply” and post your critique). For this part of the assignment, you must use the following criteria:
1) Appropriateness: Is the article presented related to the specific issue of this unit? Are keywords and new vocabulary proper to the article? Are the statements and analyses made in the article correct and logical?
2) Usefulness: How useful is this article to the society and to us, as students in current issues in industry?
3) New thoughts: Does the reviewer provide any new thoughts? What are your thought concerning these new ways or new environments, etc.?
Quality Conference Simulation
Identify a Quality Management Conference that you are able to participate in virtually during the semester or if you do not have one, pretend (simulate) that you are preparing to attend a quality conference. The purpose of attending to a conference is networking, and to learn and exchange knowledge with professionals in the field of quality, production, and business. Your assignment is to create four (4) questions that can be used for expert panel discussion. To create good questions, I wanted you to think that you are a student with Lean Six Sigma certificate program, or quality manager/quality technician/production engineer; the questions should be well-written with correct grammar, practical for the workplace. The questions could be related to performance excellence, continuous improvement, quality practices, Baldrige award, and other quality management practices. As a student, you can also research about job opportunity, career growth, pay scale, and others.
If you want to know answers for specific industry (e.g. automotive, restaurant, healthcare, manufacturing, education, government, services,), make sure that you stated it in your question.