Essay Paper Instructions
You will discuss assigned questions for the Module/Week.
· Answers to questions must be supported with research and citations. It is not unusual, for instance, to have 3–4 citations per paragraph in doctoral-level research.
· Remember also that writing a research paper, especially at the doctoral-level, requires you to weave in ideas from numerous sources and then in turn synthesizing those ideas to create fresh insights and knowledge.
· 12-14 pages of content, double-spaced
· Must include citations from all readings and presentations for the assigned module (including the Fischer presentations and readings) and at least 20 scholarly sources
· Must include Biblical integration (the Fischer sources will help to that end)
· Current APA format
Module/Week 3 Essay
Discuss the following:
· Define the term statesmanship and explain its relevance to effective and ethical public administration.
· Evaluate historical models for government administration.
· Compare and contrast with American founding principles.
· Synthesize a Biblical/covenantal model of statesmanship, leadership and organizational behavior with the above.
Page 1 of 2
|Criteria||Levels of Achievement|
|Content||41.5 to 45 pointsThoroughly answers each assigned question. Provides a well-reasoned synthesis of key ideas.||37.75 to 41.25 pointsAnswers each assigned question. Provides some synthesis of key ideas.||1 to 37.5 pointsFails to answer one or more questions. Largely fails to provide a meaningful synthesis of key ideas.||0 pointsNot present|
|Research & Support||41.5 to 45 pointsGoes beyond required reading to provide an in-depth, researched discussion of the assigned questions. Supports assertions with research and numerous citations from all required reading, presentations, and scholarly source material.||37.75 to 41.25 pointsFor the most part, goes beyond required reading to provide a discussion of the assigned questions. For the most part, supports assertions with research and citations.||1 to 37.5 pointsLargely fails to go beyond the required reading to answer questions. Limited use of research and citations to support assertions.||0 pointsNot present|
|Biblical Integration||30 to 32.5 pointsProvides a nuanced discussion of Biblical concepts as related to the content and assigned questions.||27.25 to 29.75 pointsFor the most part, provides a discussion of Biblical concepts as related to the content and assigned questions.||1 to 27 pointsProvides only a limited discussion of Biblical concepts as related to the content and assigned questions.||0 pointsNot present|
|Structure (30%)||Advanced92-100%||Proficient84-91%||Developing1-83%||Not present||Total|
|Sources & Citations||18.5 to 20 pointsAll required readings and presentations from the current and prior modules must be cited. At least 20 scholarly sources are used.||17 to 18.25 pointsMost of the required readings and presentations from Modules are cited. 17-18 scholarly sources are used.||1 to 16.75 pointsFew of the required readings and presentations from the Modules are cited. Less than 17 scholarly sources are used.||0 pointsNot present|
|Grammar & APA||16.25 to 17.5 pointsLimited to no errors in grammar, spelling, APA, etc.||14.75 to 16 pointsSome errors in grammar, spelling, APA, etc.||1 to 14.5 pointsNumerous errors in grammar, spelling, APA, etc.||0 pointsNot present|
|Page Length||14 to 15 points12-14 pages of content in length (not counting the title page or references); double-spaced.||12.75 to 13.75 points1 page more or less than the required length range (not counting the title page or references); double-spaced.||1 to 12.5 pointsMore than 1 page more or less than the required length range (not counting the title page or references); double-spaced.||0 pointsNot present|
Page 2 of 2