In this assignment, you will examine aspects of cultural diversity that relate to social inequalities. In your examination, you will discuss some of the causes and effects of those inequalities and consider strategies for eliminating them.
Scenario: You want to convince members of your community of a particular social inequality in the U.S. so they will participate in a campaign to bring awareness and promote action to fight that inequality in their community.
Identify a social inequality that exists in the United States today to address in this assignment (inequalities in economics and work, law and justice, or health and illness are discussed in the textbook).
Write a 300- to 500-word email to your community members to promote opposition to this social inequality. Include the following in your email:
- Who you want to be involved
- The time and place that you propose to meet
- The social inequality and the aspects of cultural diversity that are at play. Include what you believe are some of the causes for this social inequality and how it affects the community. Include specific examples of this social inequality in the U.S.
- How the campaign will make people aware of the inequality, and what actions will be taken to fight for the elimination of this inequality
- Include information that encourages participation in the campaign and demonstrates that the social inequality is truly an issue. You can search the U.S. Census Bureau and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for more information.
You do not need to write an actual email. Instead, format your assignment as if you were writing an email, but in a Word document