Select one to two (1-2) contemporary issues in modern police operations and examine the related law enforcement agencies, change, and efficiency. The suggested contemporary issues are below:
- Police evidence collection
- Children and juvenile
- Law enforcement hiring process
- Criminal investigation
- Gangs and drugs
- Police patrol
- Or other issues or topics from the textbook that interest you
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Summarize the history of law enforcement operations as it relates to the issue(s) that you selected.
- Determine the key law enforcement agencies that are responsible for enforcing law related to your chosen issue(s).
- Explain at least one (1) major change to law enforcement operations related to the issue(s) that you selected. Next, provide at least one (1) reason why the identified change was necessary. Support your response.
- Give your opinion as to whether or not the change that you determined in Question 3 improved police operations in dealing with your selected issue(s). Provide a rationale for your response.
- Discuss the main requirements related to training that local and federal law enforcement agencies must address as they relate to your selected issue(s).
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources as references, such as journal articles, newspapers, magazines, and publications from law enforcement associations. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and similar websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.