- Chapter 3 & 4 in the text
- Se Yeon Choi, Goo Hyeok Chung, & Jin Nam Choi. (2019). Why are we having this innovation? Employee attributions of innovation and implementation behavior. Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal, 47(7), 1–13. https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.8124 http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=shib&db=pbh&AN=137631636&site=eds-live&custid=s8501869&groupid=main&profile=eds_new
Chapter 3 & 4 Journal articles
- Journal Article 3.1: Lucas, J.W. and Baxter, A.R. (2012) ‘Power, influence, and diversity in organizations’, The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 639(1): 49–70.
- Journal Article 3.2: Martinez, A.D., Kane, R.E., Ferris, G.R. and Brooks, C.D. (2012) ‘Power in leader–follower work relationships’, Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 19(2): 142–151.
- Journal Article 4.1: Petty, M.M., Beadles, N.A., Chapman, D.F., Lowery, C.M. and Connell, D.W. (1995) ‘Relationships between organizational culture and organizational performance,’ Psychological Reports, 76(2): 483–492.
- Journal Article 4.2: Bonavia, T. (2006) ‘Preliminary organizational culture scale focused on artifacts’, Psychological Reports, 99(3): 671–674.
- Journal Article 4.3: Walker, R.C. and Aritz, J. (2015) ‘Women doing leadership: leadership styles and organizational culture,’ International Journal of Business Communication, 52(4): 452–478.
Task 1: total 1 page
After completing the reading this week, we reflect on a few key concepts this week:
- Discuss what power in the context of leadership is and how it relates to bullying within organizations. Also, note how this impacts productivity.
- Discuss what organizational culture is and how it impacts work productivity. Also, note how organizational culture impacts the success of innovation implementation.
- How does culture impact leadership? Can culture be seen as a constraint on leadership?
Please be sure to answer all the questions above in the initial post.
Please ensure the initial post and two response posts are substantive. Substantive posts will do at least TWO of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Expand on the topic, by adding additional thoughtful information
- Answer a question posted by another student in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source
- Make an argument
At least one scholarly (peer-reviewed) resource should be used in the initial discussion thread. Please ensure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use APA references and in-text citations.
Task 2: total 3 pages
This week’s journal article focuses on attribution theory and how it influences the implementation of innovation technologies. Two types of employee attributions are noted in the article (intentionality and deceptive intentionality), please review these concepts and answer the following questions:
- Provide a high-level overview/ summary of the case study
- Note how constructive intentionality impacts innovation implementations
- Find another article that adds to the overall findings of the case and note how attribution-based perspective enhances successful innovation implementations. Please be explicit and detailed in answering this question.
Be sure to use the UC Library for scholarly research. Google Scholar is also a great source for research. Please be sure that journal articles are peer-reviewed and are published within the last five years.
The paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 pages in length (not including title page or references)
- APA guidelines must be followed. The paper must include a cover page, an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
- A minimum of five peer-reviewed journal articles.
Task 3 total 3 pages
Essay Assignment 1: Review the strategic integration section. Note what strategic integration is and how it ties to the implementation of technology within an organization.
Essay Assignment 2: Review the information technology roles and responsibilities section. Note how IT is divided based on operations and why this is important to understand within an organization.
The above assignment should be two pages in length (one page for each question) and adhere to APA formatting standards.
**Remember the page length does not include the APA cover page or any references**
This assignment must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Sunday, September 13, 2020 (No Exceptions). As per the syllabus, no late assignments will be accepted.
Please understand that Plagiarism will not be tolerated and will result in a zero grade. Please review the Academic Dishonesty Policy outlined in the syllabus and in your student handbook.