Imagine your Learning Team is the human resources management team at the Patton-Fuller Community Hospital virtual organization. The new chief executive officer (CEO) of your hospital has asked your team to prepare a presentation about human resources at the hospital.
Explore the current and future state of human resources in health care. Answer the following questions:
- What are some current human resources issues in health care?
- What are some future human resources issues in health care?
- How may effective human resources management deal with these issues?
- Include how Patton-Fuller’s HR mission statement and goals do or do not meet the changing issues and needs.
Include paragraph sub-headings
Include introduction, 4-5 body paragraphs, conclusion, and references page.
Include at least 3 references.
Format citations according to APA guidelines.
***Please use (PF) as an in-text citation when you pull anything from the document. I will add the correct citation and reference. Thank you.
HR Mission Statement
To develop, establish and maintain policies and programs that ensure the successful recruitment, employment and retention of a diverse, well qualified workforce to serve the patients.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for the recruitment, selection, classification, compensation, benefits, professional development, employee relations, legal compliance and record keeping for all employees.
The department directs and monitors the organization’s efforts to build and sustain a diverse work force.
Human Resources is the primary resource for supervisors and employees concerning employment and management issues related to the administration of policies, and procedures. The organization invests in the development of the work force through several training and development programs administered by the Human Resources Department.
· Recruit, retain, and retain the very best employees that the organization can afford
· Grow/enhance a participative employee culture that includes a focus on diversity and sensitivity awareness programs
· Be an employer of choice
· Create the environment for our employees success
· To create and maintain a risk management program to keep in compliance with legally-mandated federal, state, and local laws, regulations, rules, and procedures to reduce litigation exposure to the company in a diligence manner, achieved through policy and procedure development and enforcement
· To retain our employees by providing competitive and equitable compensation through modern marketplace surveys and research methods
· Offering skill enhancement and leadership development training opportunities through effective training and development methods such as licensure, qualification, recurring, and certification programs
· To create and maintain a equitable personnel policies and procedures to ensure a fair workplace for our employees
· Create systems for reducing litigation exposure to employee-driven adverse actions
· To administer cost effective health care programs which provide for the well being of employees
· To provide a safe working environment for all employees through OSHA and JCHCO-driven procedures