This assignment, select either your own organization or one you know enough about to complete a series of assignments related to strategic planning for a proposal you would like to implement.
Once you have selected the organization, identify a strategic goal through preforming a SWOT analysis within your sphere of influence. For example, if you are not currently in a management or leadership position, it is acceptable to focus on a more focused area of your organization you are currently in a position to impact.
A SWOT analysis is part of strategy formulation that leads to goal setting and then progresses to the development of a strategic plan.
- What are the recognized strengths of your identified area?
- What does your identified area do better than other companies?
- What unique capabilities or resources does you identified area possess?
- What do other companies consider to be your strength?
- What are the recognized weaknesses of your identified area?
- What do competitors do better than your identified area?
- What areas can be improved at your current position?
- What do other companies consider to be your weakness?
- What trends or conditions impact the company in a positive way?
- What opportunities exist for the identified area?
- What trends or conditions impact the identified area in a negative way?
- What is the competition doing that may have an impact on your identified area?
- Does your identified area have solid financial support?
- What impact does your weakness have on the threats your identified area faces?
These questions are samples of what you may need to address in your SWOT Analysis. Using the SWOT analysis results, develop at least one strategic goal.
|Strengths (Internal/Execution)||Weaknesses (Internal/Execution)|
|Opportunities (External/Environment)||Threats (External/Environment)|