Please review the Discussion Board grading rubric in the Course Resources. This is important information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. Your postings should be qualitative and provide substantive depth that advances the discussion. Your initial response to the prompt should be a minimum of 150 words, and a minimum of two responses to others should be posted on separate days of the week with a minimum of 75 words in length. Assertions should be supported with scholarly evidence from our classroom resources and additional research, including the appropriate use of in-text citations and a corresponding reference list.
Select one of the following to address.
- What makes the power structure in hospitals so complex? What are the roles of physicians and administrators in the power structure?
- What are the differences, both subtle and obvious, between being a patient and being a consumer of healthcare?
- What does it mean to “shop” for healthcare? What makes shopping for healthcare difficult for most people? What would make it easier?
- What is medical tourism, and why would a healthcare marketer be interested in it?
- Gun violence is a pressing public health problem; gun control is a highly controversial public health proposal. Identify the key arguments for and against gun control solely from a public health perspective.