HW1: CISCO 3 Tier Architecture Design.
Purpose: To introduce student to industry standard CISCO 3 tier Architecture and utilizing MS Visio to design a complete network for a business.
Task: You are responsible to design a new network for the ITM department. The network must be able to meet the following requirement;
You are responsible to design a new network for the ITM department. The network must be able to meet the following requirement;
- Connection to the Internet
- A secure Wireless networking environment with 10x WIFI AP (Access Point) that is assessable to everybody (student, faculty, staff, visitors, the public …etc.)
- The ITM department is also wanting to host its own Web server and Email server.
- There are 30x PC that are distributed to all ITM faculty and staff. They also share 3x printers in the network.
- The faculty and staff each have their own separate server that must be assessable at all times. The ITM department would like these 2 servers to be highly secured and protected.
- The ITM students have access to 50x student PC and 6x student printer that are dispersed throughout the classrooms in the building. The ITM department is anticipating very high traffic requirement from these students PC from use. Please have a good strategy to ensure that students have adequate bandwidth and speed.
- The network should be designed with CISCO 3 Tier Architecture and must be easy to manage.
Complete the network design with MS Visio and upload the Visio file to Blackboard Before the Due Date:
This assignment is worth: 10 pts