Unit 2 – Discussion Board
(BADM440-2003B-05)Assignment DetailsDue Date: September 1
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Part 1: Ethics in Research
Utilizing the Internet, CTU Library, and your textbook, choose 1 example (or use one of those listed below) of unethical research in a business setting, and discuss the following:
- Explain why research might be considered unethical.
- For your research proposal project in this course, explain what ethical considerations there are and how to avoid them.
Examples of unethical business research:
You may also wish to review an example time line by clicking here.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 1 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What recommendations can you offer?
- What, if any, clarification do you need regarding your classmate’s research question/ hypothesis?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
Hotten, R. (2015, December 10). Volkswagon: The scandal explained. BBC News. Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/business-34324772
Luca, M. (2014, July 29). Were OkCupid’s and Facebook’s experiments unethical? Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2014/07/were-okcupids-and-facebooks-experiments-unethical
Resnik, D. B. (2017). Research ethics timeline (1932-present). Retrieved from https://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/resources/bioethics/timeline/