Research plagiarism. Discuss the following, supplying citations to support any information that you provide. Do not include your opinion, only what you can support with a citation. Address the following topics.
- How should a writer research and write about a given topic
- The reason plagiarism is detrimental to scholarly writing
- The impact plagiarism has on a student’s academic career
- The University of Cumberlands policy on plagiarism (Hint: review and cite the document title Academic Dishonesty Policy Spring 2020.docx in the folder on plagiarism)
- The steps that can be taken to avoid plagiarism
- Why this is relevant to courses like Application Security
- How the view on plagiarism is the same or different in this course than others you have taken
For all writing assignments ensure that you do the following:
- Write 1000 to 1500 words in APA format.
- Utilize at least five scholarly references.
- Note that scholarly references do not include Wikipedia, .COM websites, blogs, or other non-peer reviewed sources.
- Utilize Google Scholar and/or the university library.
- Do not copy and paste bulleted lists. Instead, read the material and in your words, describe the recommendation citing the source.
- Review the rubric to see how you will be graded.
- Plagiarism will result in a zero for the assignment.
- The second instance of plagiarism will result in your failure of this class.
- If you use a source, cite it. If you do not, it is plagiarism.