1. Listen (Links to an external site.) to Eugene in this monologue or download the printed copy of the monologue. As you listen to Eugene, address the following questions on a word document.
- Evaluate what evidence heard that may be indicative of depression
- Assess Eugene’s baseline functional status
- Determine what coping strategies Eugene uses and his support system
- Examine Eugene’s strengths and weaknesses
- Identify what else a nurse would want to know about Eugene or his wife
- Describe the overall impression of Eugene’s relationships