write a formal business (“cover”) letter to the strategic planning department of Carnival Cruise Lines in response to a job opportunity in the strategy department. This is a formal letter, and it should be written using “block” format.
must use block format and one page long
JOB DESCRIPTION: Strategic Initiative Analyst
General information JobID:7007 Team: Corporate Strategy Working Time: Full-Time, Salaried Locations: Dallas, Texas; Manhattan, New York; Ft Lauderdale, FL Travel Requirements: 20% (some international travel may be required)
Description & Requirements
CTI Group Worldwide (Carnival Cruise Lines), the leader in vacations and cruises, is seeking a Strategic Initiatives Analyst to join our strategic planning and analysis team! The selected candidate will contribute to marketing, sales, business unit strategic product objectives, mergers and acquisitions, fleet acquisition and disposition, as well as technical services by providing research-based input to support business planning, marketing content and sales content support, marketing program development (content), and strategic research to drive strategic direction for key businesses. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter that is adept at industry and product research, analysis and recommendations. Additionally, the right person for this role is detail driven, can meet deadlines and manage multiple projects. Ambitious students from Tier 1 research universities who have a desire to contribute to the success of the future of our company are welcomed to apply. This is an opportunity to work on a very impactful Market Insights and Industry Intelligence (Mi3) team that collaborates throughout CTI Group Worldwide subsidiaries and businesses. This position can be based in either our Dallas, Texas, Manhattan, New York, or Ft Lauderdale, FL offices. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Demonstrated progress in undergraduate strategy courses with a focus in internal competency identification as well as industry/external environment analysis and research, specifically in the travel services industry
· A bachelor’s degree in Management or other Business Administration discipline
· Able to analyze industry competitors and perform ongoing market data analysis.
· Able to recommend product and service strategies based on market data analysis.
· Able to contribute to the sales process by developing research-based content to support marketing programs and participating in research studies and business discussions with executive staff.
· Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
· Good knowledge of company and competitor products and services.
· Strong technical skills with the ability to learn and utilize new software.
· A strong understanding of analytics.
· Excellent written and verbal speaking skills.
· Multi-lingual or the demonstrated willingness to learn additional languages.
· Provides research-based input to support business planning and marketing programs to support sales in designated capabilities.
· Complete research assignments that require desk research, soliciting perspectives from CTI Group Worldwide external analyst firms, and quantitative and qualitative market research working in partnership with internal and external research teams.
· Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities.
· Develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling market analysis presentations.
· Develops business requirements for individual projects to ensure strategic goals and objectives established by senior analysts are met.
· Manages external vendor partnership inquiry/intake communications and schedules demos to support the team with vendor research and initial due diligence to ensure potential vendor solutions meet business unit expectations and requirements.
· Sources industry, product and market research to support business units, marketing, sales and technology services.
· Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities/gaps in services.
· Sources, evaluates and recommends best-in-class vendors for business units through industry research and Market Insights and Industry Intelligence (Mi3) tools.
· Supports senior analysts with managing projects for multi-business unit vendor selection.
· Drafts white papers and blogs on assigned topics – sometimes as Mi3’s product and other times co-written with colleagues in other groups
· Demonstrates initiative and works well independently to perform research with direction and guidance from Sr. Analysts.
· Provides some internal administrative support to the team such as managing and maintaining department reporting, research report distribution and meeting logistics support
Note: This is a fictional job description and is not intended to be a true depiction of any job or potential job being offered by Carnival Cruise Lines