Option #2: Change at DuPont (Exercise 9.5)
Read the “Change at DuPont” case study in the Managing Organizational Change textbook. Write an essay that thoroughly addresses the following:
- Provide specific examples of how any or all of the following approaches are included in the DuPont story: OD, appreciative inquiry, and sense-making.
- Discuss the compatibility of these three approaches and the extent to which a change manager could glean insights from each approach based on evidence from the DuPont story.
- Describe the steps an organizational development practitioner could take to manage this change based upon action research.
- Conclude your essay by summarizing: a) how your change steps may be received by DuPont staff affected by the change, and b) how you took potential resistance to change into consideration when outlining your steps to manage the change.
The length and formatting requirements are as follows:
- Your paper must be 3 to 4 pages in length, excluding the cover and references pages.
- Include a cover page, section headers, an introduction, a conclusion, and a references page. Use the APA Template Paper as a resource.
- Format your paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Include a minimum of three sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, two of which should be academic, peer-reviewed sources, in addition to the textbook. The CSU-Global library is a great place to find these resources.
Throughout this course, be sure to use the Business Management & Administration Research Guide (Links to an external site.) in the CSU-Global library. Here you can:
- Locate a variety of sources dealing with ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), and business management.
- Gather information specific to different aspects of business ethics.
- Access writing and citing help.
Review the Critical Thinking Assignment rubric in the Module 5 folder for details regarding grading standards.