You have been hired by the City Council as an Environmental Health Consultant to provide technical advice about two topics.
Write a paper in which you respond to the following questions:
- There has been an increase in emergency visits due to food-borne poisoning. Salmonellosis seems to be a frequent diagnosis in these visits.
– Explain to the residents of the community and owners of food establishments what guidelines they should follow to improve food safety and to prevent specifically salmonellosis.
– In your explanation, it should be evident what the principles of food safety are.
- Additionally, there seems to be a growing belief in the community that reheating food, particularly leftovers, before eating can render the food safe for consumption.
– Discuss the practice of reheating leftover foods, along with examples and justification of whether or not this belief is true or false
– Provide specific examples of food-borne pathogens as you give examples.
Length: 4-5 pages, APA format, requires scholarly sources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). Foodborne germs and illnesses. Retrieved from gov/foodsafety/foodborne-germs.html”>http://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/foodborne-germs.html
Painter, J. A., Hoekstra, R. M., Ayers, T., Tauxe, R. V., Braden, C. R., Angulo F. J., et al. (2013). Attribution of foodborne illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths to food commodities by using outbreak data, United States, 1998–2008. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 19(3): 407-415.